You are here
Families are asked to volunteer 20 hours per year. Some of the opportunities available are:
- Cafeteria Helper - This volunteer would work from approximately 11:00-12:45 pm. Duties may include helping with the serving line, wiping down trays and tables, and assisting teachers with students (opening packages, cleaning spills, etc.) - Level II required
- Car Line Helper - During afternoon car line from approximately 2:25-3:00, this volunteer would help load children into their cars. They may also assist in setting up cones in the parking lot. The volunteer is required to wear a safety vest. - Level I required
- Boo Boo Volunteer/Health Clinic - This is a perfect volunteer opportunity for someone that would like to read a book, play a game, or otherwise entertain themselves when not helping students. This volunteer will sit in the clinic and log students in/out that come to the clinic for minor things such as ice packs or bandaids. They are NOT required (or permitted) to administer medication or take care of any student that is ill or injured. However, they may be asked to disinfect the clinic and change the paper on the clinic beds. Various times - Level II required. Contact Lisa Hayden or Laura Dyson for more information.
- Grounds - This volunteer opportunity is to help police the grounds of paper and debris. One of these volunteers would be available to help the custodial staff clean the loading dock on the south side of the building. Various times. - Level I required.
- PTEG - Our Parent Teacher Enrichment Group provides many opportunities to volunteer. If you are a family member at PPA, you are already a member! Contact Penny Yanacheck for volunteer opportunities at
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, please contact the front office staff at 727-536-3600.